True Pooch (a comics collection)

This is a comics collection with stories about - dogs! I was looking forward to this when I saw it was being done and I think the real kicker for me was reading random dog stories from people not in animal welfare or animal rescue. I had a lot of feelings about stuff in there (irresponsible and unethical boarding facilities, in the first story, for instance) and a lot of questions in general. 

But I liked it. I liked hearing about the dogs and hearing the stories of how dogs overlapped with people's lives - and the relationships they had. Almost none of the stories and relationships seemed to define the lives of the authors (I didn't get the sense any were "dog people" as an identity), which was kinda nice. 

My faves were by: Haleigh Buck, Jordan Jeffries, Gant Powell and editor, Alessa Kreger. 


Comments

Popular Posts